Wednesday 6 April 2011

April Art Bead Scene Challenge

The April challenge has been released and it's very different to the challenge in March. I'm having a ponder over this one, I think the palette is more restrictive this month and way out of my comfort zone again but that's a good thing!

The palette is based on Finches and Bamboo, Northern Song dynasty (960–1127)
Emperor Huizong (1082–1135, r. 1101–1125) Chinese
Handscroll; ink and color on silk; 11 x 18 in. (27.9 x 45.7 cm)
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
John M. Crawford, Jr. Collection, Purchase, Douglas Dillon Gift, 1981





You can read more about the painting and how to enter the challenge on the Art Bead Scene here.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking the the time to visit and follow my blog. I'm here to follow you back ;-) Have a lucky day!

    ~Vanessa Morgan
    http://vanessa-morgan.blogspot.com
    http://avalon-lion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on the Challenge but I like it and will try again this month. Last month was the first I tried it. Can't wait to see what you make! I found you on the Spring Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing what you make!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you...